Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fondant Layer Cake      ~Part 1 of 2~
    I decided to fancy it up this time around. I'm making a two tier cake, with four layers each. On and off chocolate and vanilla cake. Sandwiched between the layers is my very own butter-cream icing. As if that didn't sound delicious enough already, I'm going to cover it with colored homemade marshmallow fondant. (My first ever batch-and definitely not my last!)
    Today I completed the first tier and crumb coated it. I used two batches of icing and two sheet cakes. I also successfully dirtied every dish and tool in the house with frosting and runaway pieces of cake.
    Tomorrow I plan to complete the second tier and cover it all with fondant and Spring decorations. I'll include some pictures of the finished cake and the process, too.
    P.S. (This cake has many 'firsts' for me. It's the first time I've made fondant a cake with more than one tier. )
    Until tomorrows recipe, and part 2,
    ~Ally~
 

1 comment: