Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chocolate Mousse
     Chocolate Mousse today! I just bought a new recipe book with Everything; All the basics. And in this nifty little book was a nifty little recipe for Chocolate Mousse.
     I used a makeshift double-boiler to melt the chocolate and butter together. I whipped all of the other ingredients to either soft or stiff peaks. I poured the fluffy mixture into small wine glasses and put them into the refrigerator to set up for a few hours. ~ About 3-4 hours later, they weren't really cold enough, (Or at least as cold as I wanted them), so i put them in the freezer. About 20 minutes later we took them out and served them with raspberries.
     And let me tell you, Delicious! I think the key is to make everything well "fluffed." It'll make for a lighter mousse. Without being too dense, this recipe is chocolaty enough to not be overpowering. I defiantly recommend making it.

Until next recipe...
~Ally~  

You can fin the recipe that I used in this book: How to Cook Everything: The Basics. All You Need to Make Great Food by Mark Bittman

1 comment: